There was once a time not even that long ago that I would make full-length cds to commemorate the end of the year. They would be five volume sets that would contain my selections of the top 100 songs of the year. That was back when I still made cds and prior to the arrival of my Zen. I haven't made a mix-cd now in a couple of years since my deejaying days are officially behind me.
Nowadays, I don't collect cds near like I used to. It will take a lot for me to actually spend the money to buy a cd as the hobby that replaced that one was my dvd fanaticism. That means that most of the songs I had grown attached to were ones that I heard on the radio. It's rather ironic for me since I used to abhor that format. Radio has a tendency to play songs to death and you get tired of hearing them. Every now and then you get lucky and there are some that are worth hearing again and again.
Without any further ado, here is my list of the top 15 songs of 2006...
15. White and Nerdy -Weird Al Yankovic
14. Say -Method Man f/ Lauryn Hill
13. No Words - Charlie Wilson
12. Must Be Nice - Lyfe Jennings
11. I Wanna Luv U - Akon
10. I Refuse - Urban Mystic
9. Let It Go - Kirk Franklin
8. Ride for Me - Danity Kane
7. I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At the Disco
6. Set Me Free - Myron Butler
5. I'm in Love with a Stripper - T-Pain
4. Savin' Me - Nickelback
3. Freedom of Preach - Ludacris f/ Bishop Eddie Long
2. I'll Cover You (Reprise) - "Rent" Original Cast
1. I Wish You Were Here - Jamie Foxx